In your online store, you can create promotions for different categories, different regions, and different expiration dates.
And here’s how:
1. Click on the icon with the 3 lines (hamburger button ☰) next to View your store, choose Marketing, then click on Promotions.
2. Then you click on Create.
3. Type the Code (helps with internal filter for your customers), code should not contain capital letters or spaces, and the Name (Is the one that the customer sees) such as, 50% discount
4. You fill in the information:
- Usage limit is how may time one person can use this promotion.
- Priority is useful if you have more than one promotion code to determine which one you want to prioritize.
- Start and Ending date is to help you to be specific about the promotion duration.
5. Select coupon based or Exclusive
A-Coupon-based is when you want customers to add the coupon code to redeem the promotion discount when they checkout based on the rules you added, for example, you added a coupon of EGP 5o off that will only be valid when they have at least 2 items in their cart. You can use the coupon code promotion if you want only the customers who have the code to have the discount.
B-Exclusive promotions are used when you want to apply promotion discounts for all customer without letting them use coupons but also when they checkout based on the rules you added, for example, you added a promotion of EGP 5o off that will only be valid when they have at least 2 items in their cart.
In the picture below it’s shown that all customers can have the promotion as long as they fulfill the rule you added.
6-We add our Rules and these rules determine what type of customers are eligible to use these promotions
- For example, we added this promo code for everyone in Egypt and that is according to the shipping country.
- Or this Rule that specifies that you can only use this promotion code if your order has a black bag.
- Or this Rule that specifies that you can only use this promotion code if this is your 6th order and etc…
- You can add as many Rules as you want.
7. Then we add the Actions.
- For Example, this action specifies that you only get a 300 EGP discount on your order.
- Or you can make the Action specify that the discount only applies if you order from items from the Fashion category that are bags and the price ranges are 100 EGP to 1000 EGP.
- You can assign as many Actions as you want.
8-Then you need to generate coupons, from Promotions, go to the coupon you just created and click on Manage coupons then click on Generate.
9-Add coupon expiration date and usage limit, then click on Generate
10-You will be redirected to the coupons section, from there click on the edit icon next to the coupon you just created, then from there you can add how many times a single customer can use the coupon from Per customer usage limit
11-When you finish click on Create.